Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Medicalert

Makayla is registered with Medicalert because of her food allergies. She has a bracelet, but it is still a little bit big. Makayla wears this medicalert shoetag to daycare much of the time.

The top of the tag shows the medicalert symbol which alerts healthcare professionals to special needs. Paramedics, police, and fireman are trained to check victims for one of these tags in the event of an emergency.
The reverse side alerts people to her allergy to peanuts and most importantly shows that she has had an anaphylactic reaction. There was not enough room for all of her allergies on this little tag, so we just put mutli food allergies. In the event of an emergency the professional can call the toll free number to get all the information about her other allergies and emergency contact information. Her physicians are also listed on her medicalert account to be contacted if necessary.
I think that I mentioned medicalert before, but I don't think that you had seen her tag before now. Sorry if you have.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
I'm so thrilled to see that Makayla is registered with MedicAlert. I'm a firm believer in this. My bracelet is a little large. I just use a safety pin to hold the extra links that I don't need; however that might not be such a good idea for a toddler since so much ends up in the mouth. Aunt Connie

McLeodx5 said...

great idea to put it on her shoe!

">