Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Good News!

I met with the nutritionist today about Makayla's allergies. I already knew much of what she told be because I am a crazy mom who reads everything, but she is very knowledgable about products which was helpful. The good news from todays visit is that she feels that Makayla is tolerating soy well, and she told us that we could consider ourselves free of that allergy (or at least free from reactions). The allergist had already told us to test it at home, but the nutritionist confirmed what I needed confirmed which was that it was really OK to give her soy since it had been a month of testing. That is obvious I guess.
I went to Wal-Mart to buy a few groceries, and she can have tons of foods now. Not just any foods either, FOODS FROM WAL-MART. As much as I love whole foods, I do not want to be a regular customer because of Makayla's allergies. Maybe because I am a crazy mom that buys organic produce but not because of allergies and food restrictions.
More good news...My camera is going to be here tomorrow! It is scheduled to get here tomorrow anyway. I sort of copied off Beth because she has this camera (Nikon D60). Just kidding. I already was pretty sure that I wanted it, but she definietly confirmed it! Her pics are great. My current camera that I got for mother's day has disappointed us greatly recently. The pics are very blurry with very bad color. I am sure that you noticed that we did not post any Christmas Pics. That is because we didn't have any that were even good enough to post. BAD CHRISTMAS PICTURES! That was the last straw with me. Even Nathan agreed that the pictures were really bad. I just can't afford to miss Makayla's milestones and family memories because of a poor camera. My old camera is becoming my diaper bag camera, so I will have something to use when we are out just in case she does something cute.
Photobucket

1 comment:

McLeodx5 said...

YAY for a new camera! my old point-and-shoot camera is the 'diaper bag camera' too! :)

">