Monday, November 17, 2008

Extended Rear Facing

I am a huge supporter of extended rear facing in car seats. Safety is just not something that we mess around with at our house. I am not saying that someone's choice to turn their little one around is unsafe or anything, but here is a link to a video showing the difference between an older child that is rear facing vs. the same child that is forward facing. It uses crash test dummies, but I just wanted everyone to be aware of the advantages of extended rear facing because I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't. Please note the difference in neck and spine movement. Just remember that it is much easier to fix a broken leg than an neck or spine injury.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jen said...

Okay, so for whatever reason, I can't get the video to work. It won't load all the way.

Amanda said...

I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. It is just a link to a youtube page.

Jen said...

I finally got it to work...it made me cry...

">