Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We're expecting...


...to adopt a friend for Montana. hahaha!
Montana is 4 years old. He has always had a lot of anxiety. When he was a puppy he tore up my apartment. I mean the apartment not just my stuff. He did that too, but I mean he ate holes in the walls, ripped up the carpet, and chewed the baseboards. My dad had to come to fix most of it before we (montana and I) moved to Fayetteville for grad school. His anxiety has changed over time, and now he licks and chews his legs when he is anxious. It does not seem to be improving. We have noticed that he has much less anxiety when he is with the other dogs at my parents' house. We have been letting him stay there much more than we should because he seems to enjoy the company of the other pups enough to stop the anxiety. If you ask them they will say that he does not get to stay there enough, but we want him to be home more:) He was their first grandchild after all.
Now here's the story. This weekend we went to the pulaski county humane society to let Montana test out some prospects. Apparently the humane society is way far away from here. It took like 45 minutes to get there, but of course we had to get lost in the process. All of this would happen when Makayla had an ear infection that we didn't know about yet. That would explain the non-stop screaming in the car. I just feel so bad about that. She had been running a fever for 2 days before that, but Makayla's fever had ceased by then. She seemed to be feeling fine until we got into the car. We all survived, and we are giving antibiotics to treat the infections. Back to the Story. We finally found the humane society, and it was closed because of having no power due to the storms! All of that trouble for nothing.
In summary...
We will go back this weekend to see if he can find a friend. They may not have a dog to meet our expectations, but I am sure they will because they have over 500 homeless pups living there. How sad! We always adopt our pets by the way. We have no problems with other people purchasing their pets. (My family has done it lots of times.) Nathan and I have just chosen to only get shelter pups. Here are our specs...
Adult dog between around 40# like Tana
Housebroken
Not wild and hyper (scared Makayla)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about the looking for a buddy for Montana. I'm sure that you'll find just what you're looking for soon. When you do, please post pics. Aunt Connie

">