Thursday, September 17, 2009

blackberries


Makaylas love blackberries. They grow wild in Oregon. We are hanging out at Nathan's mom's house today. I took this picture this morning of Makayla and her Grandpa Bob picking blackberries in their back yard. This is what Oregon looks like. It is very green. Sweet Home, OR where we are visitng Nathan's mom is in the Willamette Valley. I didn't realize that meant that there were going to be mountains right around the town. I just thought that there were mountains nearby. The area is very interesting to me because a town this size in Arkansas would have a wal-mart supercenter, but instead the people living here shop at locally owned shops like you see on Gilmore Girls or Everwood. It makes me kind of sad that we have a Wal-Mart on every corner in Arkansas thus making the small local businesses obselete. Anyway we are enjoying our trip and had a relatively good trip here on the planes. It could have been much worse. Makayla did very well considering that we had to hold her on our laps for 5 hours total.

We are going to the zoo in Portland on Saturday and to Newport Beach on Sunday and Monday. I will post pics of that later. I also have to add that I am super excited about our whale watching tour that Nathan and I are taking our nieces on first thing Monday morning.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did the haircut go? I'm eager to see it. Aunt Connie

">